Everything we know about pets in Riverside and San Bernardino will be covered in full detail for you today. Hopefully this will be a one stop shop where you can get all of the info you need for the whole Inland Empire including Ontario as quickly and easily as possible.
Even though we are trying to discuss it all we still can’t think of a better way to begin than by listing the best Riverside and San Bernardino pet stores. They should be able to help you buy puppies, kittens, toys, food, or other supplies and are probably the main draw to this page.
- 1 Best Pet Stores In Riverside & San Bernardino
- 2 Animal Shelters & Adoption
- 3 Dog Parks
- 4 Puppy Training
- 5 Dog Bakeries
- 6 Riverside & San Bernardino Pet Grooming
- 7 Pet Cafes
- 8 Hotels That Allow Pets
- 9 Pet Boarding In Riverside
- 10 Best Veterinarians Near You
- 11 Pet Cremation & Euthanization
- 12 Have Fun With Your Pets In Riverside & San Bernardino
After they are out of the way we will get into the top local animal shelters for those who would prefer to adopt a dog, cat, or other pet instead of buying a new one. Dog lovers in your area will really enjoy our next three sections which are about dog parks, puppy trainers, and dog bakeries near you.
Then it will be time for you to read about pet grooming salons and dog or cat cafes near you. Anyone who travels often will enjoy our next sections which discuss local hotels that allow pets and also boarding facilities.
Our last topics will be a little bit doom and gloom like veterinarians and pet cremation services. Stick around for our local pet map at the end, and if you want to compare the scene here to other towns in the Southwest click there.
Best Pet Stores In Riverside & San Bernardino
Head to one of the best pet stores in Riverside and San Bernardino if you want to buy a new puppy, kitten, toys, food, or other supplies:
- Kahoots Feed & Pet at 16851 Van Buren Blvd
- Elliott’s Pet Emporium at 891 S E St, San Bernardino
- All Pet Feed & Tack at 25598 E Baseline St, San Bernardino
- PetSmart at 595 E Hospitality Ln, San Bernardino
- Kitty Mansions/Cat Tree Factory at 1734 S Vineyard Ave, Ontario
Many kinds of pet foods, treats, collars, leashes, toys, carriers, and other items should be available at each of those local pet stores. In addition to having a wide variety of healthy pet foods available Kahoots Feed & Pet also provides vet and dog training services to the Inland Empire.
You can also get healthy food for dogs, cats, and even horses at All Pet Feed & Tack who also provides vaccinations for dogs and cats at their store once a month. The Petsmart near you is a big box retailer that should have all the supplies you need and should be able to provide basic grooming, boarding, and even some veterinary services.
Animal Shelters & Adoption
At your local animal shelters there will probably be plenty of cute dogs and pets for adoption:
- Mary S. Roberts Pet Adoption Center at 6165 Industrial Ave
- Foster Army Animal Rescue at 3711 Central Ave
- The Humane Society of San Bernardino Valley at 374 W Orange Show Rd
- West End Animal Shelter at 1010 E Mission Blvd, Ontario
Not only are there adoptable dogs, cats, and other pets at the Mary S. Roberts Pet Adoption Center but they also do dog training and some veterinary services. You can also get some low cost veterinary care services at The Humane Society of San Bernardino Valley.
West End Animal Shelter is a no-kill facility serving your area with the adoption process. All four of these animal shelters near you are also some of the best contacts to have if you find yourself in a situation that involves lost dogs, cats, or other pets in the Inland Empire.
There is not much that will make them happier than spending some time at one of these dog parks near you:
- Riverwalk Dog Park
- Pat Merritt Dog Park
- Carlson Dog Park
- Mount Rubidoux Park
- Redlands Dog Park
- Dairyland Park
- Hound Town Dog Park
- Wildwood Park & Dog Park
- Blair Park
- Schimmel Dog Park
It might be hard to teach an old dog a new trick but these puppy training services will give you the best shot:
- InsideOut Dog Training at 6165 Industrial Ave
- Better K9 at 19410 Harley John Rd
- Phdogs at 8560 Lakeview Ave
All three have group puppy training classes, private dog training lessons, plus they have boarding facilities and board + train programs. Better K9 also does dog grooming, has vet tech’s on site, and are part of the Walk with the Animals event that takes place at Fairmont Park towards the end of April each year.
Mary S. Roberts Pet Adoption Center, Kahoots Feed & Pet, The Pets Place Animal Hospital, Ruff House Pet Resort, and Hidden Valley Kennels all also offer dog and/or pet training.
You can get dog cakes, cupcakes, and treats for cats or dogs at Jackboy’s Dog Bakery located at 109 N Maple Street in Corona. And those doggy birthday cakes at Pawlished Paws Boutique & Spa will show them how much you really care.
Riverside & San Bernardino Pet Grooming
To help your dog or cat look cuter than ever before bring them to one of these Riverside and San Bernardino pet groomers:
- Pawlished Paws Boutique & Spa at 5225 Canyon Crest Dr #63
- Riverside Pet Grooming at 10555 Indiana Ave #106
- Pup & Suds Dog Grooming at 25586 E Baseline St
- Loma Linda Pet Grooming at 2605 S Waterman Ave, San Bernardino
- All About Pets Grooming & Daycare at 1675 E Highland Ave, San Bernardino
- Mike’s Pet Grooming at 313 S Mt Vernon Ave, San Bernardino
- Heavenly Dog Groomers at 2513 S Euclid Ave, Ontario
- Beno’s Dog Pet Grooming at 127 N Laurel Ave, Ontario
Not only will your pet look their best after spending time at the spa and getting groomed at Pawlished Paws Boutique & Spa but they also have a pet boutique with stylish clothes, collars, leashes and more. Additionally they have a dog bakery on site and their doggy birthday cakes are a can’t miss.
Riverside Pet Grooming has a pet boarding facility in addition to being a good place for grooming. Loma Linda Pet Grooming is dedicated to offering expert grooming and styling for local cats and dogs. With the use of sedation grooming they can also treat anxious, aggressive, and fearful dogs but of course that is up to you.
All About Pets Grooming & Daycare provides a comprehensive range of cat and dog grooming services in your area. Beno’s Dog Pet Grooming has you covered for everything from daily grooming to prepping for that much-anticipated dog show.
You can also try the pet grooming services at The Pets Place Animal Hospital, Better K9, Riverwalk Pet Resort, PetSmart, and Jujubee’s & Son Pet Resort.
We are not aware of any dog, cat, or pet cafes in Riverside or San Bernardino at the moment. If you know of any please tell us in the comments at the end of the post so we can add that info to this page, thanks.
Hotels That Allow Pets
If you need a pet friendly hotel stay at:
- Hyatt Place at 3500 Market St
- Hampton Inn & Suites at 4250 Riverwalk Pkwy
- Econo Lodge Inn & Suites at 11043 Magnolia Av
- DoubleTree at 285 E Hospitality Ln, San Bernardino
- Residence Inn at 2025 E Convention Center Way, Ontario
Pet Boarding In Riverside
These Riverside and San Bernardino pet boarding facilities can help out when you need to take a trip:
- Ruff House Pet Resort at 3035 Chicago Ave
- Riverwalk Pet Resort at 12111 Severn Way
- Hidden Valley Kennels at 7297 Jurupa Ave
- Playful Paws Cage-Free Boarding at 960 Brooks St, Ontario
- Jujubee’s & Son Pet Resort
- Black Beauty’s Paws N’ Whiskers Pet Care
Ruff House Pet Resort has board and train programs, does group dog training, bootcamps, and obviously they have good pet boarding facilities or they wouldn’t be listed here. Riverwalk Pet Resort does grooming in addition to boarding, while Hidden Valley Kennels also provide puppy training classes.
Jujubee’s & Son Pet Resort provides full in-home services including grooming, sitting, dog walking, assistance with pet research, and paperwork. Black Beauty’s Paws N’ Whiskers works with dogs of various breeds with a focus on special needs animals.
Cage-free Playful Paws specializes in the care of dogs and other pets that can socialize in a group setting. Their devoted staff is on-site 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure that your pet has a stress-free and enjoyable experience.
More options for pet boarding near you include The Pets Place Animal Hospital, InsideOut Dog Training, Better K9, PetSmart, Animal Care Wellness Center, and Phdogs.
Best Veterinarians Near You
Get your animals the quality medical attention they deserve from one of the best veterinarians in town:
- Dr. Michael Butchko DVM at 5488 Mission Blvd
- Arlington Animal Hospital 24 Emergency Center at 4229 Van Buren Blvd
- Pets Place Animal Hospital at 625 West La Cadena Dr
- Riverside Animal Hospital at 6162 Magnolia Ave
- Lincoln Plaza Veterinary Clinic at 2955 Van Buren Blvd
- Loma Linda Animal Hospital at 2605 S Waterman Ave, San Bernardino
- Animal Care Wellness Center at 3928 N Sierra Way, San Bernardino
- Euclid Veterinary Hospital at 13525 Euclid Ave, Ontario
- Ontario Veterinary Hospital at 121 E St, Ontario
You can get your standard veterinary care services like microchipping, flea and tick prevention, parasite control, and basic medical procedures at any of the above. Dr. Michael Butchko DVM can also help with end of life cares and getting travel papers for pets.
If you need 24 hour emergency veterinary care in Riverside, San Bernardino, or Ontario or health care for exotic animals try out Arlington Animal Hospital. At The Pets Place Animal Hospital they also do boarding, grooming, and dog training.
Riverside Animal Hospital implants microchips and does euthanasia or cremations. And the Lincoln Plaza Veterinary Clinic is another option for emergency pet health care.
Animal Care Wellness Center also provides boarding for your pets. Ontario Veterinary Hospital is a full-service animal hospital and will take emergency cases as well as less urgent medical, surgical, and dental issues.
Remember that you can also get standard veterinary care from the Mary S. Roberts Pet Adoption Center, The Humane Society of San Bernardino Valley, and Kahoots Feed & Pet. Plus we told you about the monthly vaccinations at All Pet Feed & Tack.
Pet Cremation & Euthanization
When the sad day comes you can get your dog, cat, or other pet cremated at:
- Gateway Pet Cemetery & Crematory at 3850 Rd, San Bernardino
- Lap of Love – Inland Empire
- Pet Home Euthanasia Service
Horses and other large pets can be cremated and buried at Gateway Pet Cemetery. Pickup of your pet, return of their ashes in a wood urn, and other services are included in their large pet service.
Lap of Love is one of the best places in the Inland Empire for veterinary hospice, in home euthanasia, and all end of life care. Pet Home Euthanasia Service does pet cremations and in home pet euthanasia.
Remember that Dr. Michael Butchko DVM and Riverside Animal Hospital also do pet euthanasia and cremation. Here at EverythingPets we really like the in home euthanasia option when possible, most pets hate going to the vet and removing that from the process helps to keep their last moments a lot less stressful.
You can get more info on pet licensing in Riverside County at that link. The local animal shelters we listed at the top and the Riverside County Department of Animal Services are your best contacts when dealing with a lost or found dog, cat, or other pet.
They are also your best options for adoptions or surrenders. You may also want to read some of our other posts about:
- LA Pet Stores, Groomers, & Vets
- San Diego Pet Stores, Groomers, & Vets
- Bakersfield Pet Stores, Groomers, & Vets
- San Francisco Pet Stores, Groomers, & Vets
Have Fun With Your Pets In Riverside & San Bernardino
We tried to cover the scene in full for you in this post. You just learned about quite a few Inland Empire pet stores, animal shelters, adoptions, dog parks, puppy trainers, bakeries, groomers, cafes, hotels that allow pets, places to board your dogs or cats, and even veterinarian or cremation services in your area.
Our readers would really appreciate it if you would mention it if you noticed anything incorrect, or if you could share your own local pet tricks and tips. Hopefully you have a great time visiting any Riverside, San Bernardino, or Ontario pet stores, shelters, dog parks, or whatever places you learned about on this page.