We are going to break down everything we know about pets in Phoenix in full detail right now. Whether you are a current owner or trying to find a new special friend there should be plenty of info here to help plan your next move.
Our opening section will be all about the best Phoenix pet stores. We figure since they are a good place to buy puppies, kittens, toys, food, and supplies they should get the top billing.
Dog or cat adoption at the best animal shelters in your area will be up next. With so much overpopulation the adoption route is the choice of many these days.
Local dog lovers will get the most from our next few sections which are about dog parks, puppy trainers, and dog bakeries. Then we will jump into grooming and dog or cat cafes around the city. Hotels that allow pets to check in near you will also get their own section for any new visitors to the area.
You will even learn about the best places for pet boarding if you are traveling out of town yourself. At the end we will get into some unfortunate topics like veterinarians and dog or cat cremation.
There will also be a local map to help you figure out which places are closest to your current area. And feel free to check out our other posts on the Southwest by clicking here.
Best Pet Stores In Phoenix
It doesn’t matter if you are trying to add a member to your family or just need some new toys, food, or supplies the best pet stores in Phoenix would be:
- Noble Beast at 1005 E Camelback Rd
- Ryan’s Pet Supplies at 1805 E McDowell Rd
- The Pet Shop at 2235 S Power Rd #107
- Smelly Dog at 5739 N 7th St
- Candler Feed & Seed at 1275 Smokey Park Hwy
- Premier Feed & Pet at 55 S Country Club Dr, Mesa
- Bark Avenue Pet Supply at 3109 E McKellips Rd, Mesa
- Market Street Pet Depot at 2979 S Market St, Gilbert
- Pet Planet The Boardwalk at 1949 W Ray Rd 14 & 15, Chandler
- My Pet Market at 2915 W Ray Rd #8, Chandler
- Pet Supplies Plus at 31319 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale
- Sunflower Pet Supply at 7650 S McClintock Dr, Tempe
- Pratt’s Pets at 5237 W Glendale Ave, Glendale
Expect to find all kinds of pet foods, treats, collars, leashes, toys, carriers, and other supplies at any of those local pet stores. Noble Beast sells natural pet food and treats in addition to some medicines and supplements.
Treats and health supplements are also available from Ryan’s Pet Supplies. Small mammals, birds, reptiles, feeders, freshwater fish and plants, saltwater fish and corals, food, supplies, and more are all available at The Pet Shop.
Smelly Dog does grooming, daycare, overnight boarding, dog washing, and has a great pet bakery we will be mentioning again soon. Exclusive feed lines are handled by Candler Feed & Seed who also supplies starter and layer feeds for horses, goats, cattle, sheep, and chickens.
Bark Avenue Pet Suppy in Mesa sells organic, dry, canned, frozen, and dehydrated foods as well as toys, treats, and supplements. A variety of fish, reptiles, birds, and small animals are available at Market Street Pet Depot in Gilbert.
Pet Supplies Plus in North Scottsdale offers an assortment of pet foods, treats, chews, and grooming services. Pratt’s provides numerous selections of pet foods and supplies in Glendale.
Animal Shelters & Adoption
There will probably be plenty of dogs and pets for adoption at these local animal shelters:
- Arizona Animal Welfare League & SPCA at 25 N 40th St
- Home Fur Good at 10220 N 32nd St
- Friends For Life Animal Rescue at 952 W Melody Ave
- Ghost Town Dog Rescue at 3640 E Main St, Mesa
- Desert Paws Rescue at 4920 S Power Rd, Mesa
- Wildhorse Ranch Rescue at 11811 S Lindsay Rd, Gilbert
- AAWL Adoption Center at 3111 W Chandler Blvd, Chandler
- Foothills Animal Rescue at 10197 E Bell Rd, Scottsdale
- Cavalier Rescue Foundation of Arizona at 9619 N Hayden Rd, Scottsdale
The Arizona Animal Welfare League & SPCA, Arizona’s oldest and largest no-kill shelter, provides pet adoption, low-cost veterinary care, pet training, humane education seminars, camps, workshops, and exciting pet-friendly activities all year long. Euthanasia is also reserved for terminally sick animals or those deemed detrimental to public safety.
Home Fur Good is a no-kill animal rescue organization whose purpose is to end the slaughter of adoptable homeless cats and dogs in your area of Maricopa County by providing high-quality medical treatment and adoption placements, as well as promoting spay/neuter procedures and educating pet owners.
Pet adoption is also available through Friends For Life Animal Rescue. Ghost Town rescues dogs around Mesa and places them in foster homes until adopted.
The AAWL Adoption Center in Chandler rehabilitates and rehomes dogs and cats and provides extensive medical care.
Want to put a big smile on their cute face? Spend some time at one of these dog parks near you:
- Hance Dog Park
- PetSmart Dog Park at Washington Park
- Rose Mofford Sports Complex Dog Park
- Steele Indian School Dog Park
- RJ Dog Park at Pecos Park
- Echo Mountain Off Leash Arena
- Cesar Chavez Park
- Quail Run Park in Mesa
- Shawnee Dog Park in Chandler
It might be hard to teach an old dog a new trick but these puppy trainers in your area will give you the best shot:
- Learning Pawsibilities Dog Training School at 2609 N 24th St
- Balanced Pooches In Home Dog Training at 1422 E 3rd Pl, Mesa
- All Dogs Training at 2907 E El Moro Ave, Mesa
- Top Dog Boarding & Training at 1774 S 131st St, Gilbert
- Phoenix Dog Training
- All-American K9
- Sam The Dog Trainer
- Be Kind to Dogs
Learning Pawsibilities Dog Training School offers dog training, boarding, daycare, overnight pet sitting, dog walks, and grooming. Balanced Pooches specializes in positive reinforcement dog training in Mesa in the convenience of your own home.
Private lessons and seasonal programs are provided by Top Dog Boarding and Training in Gilbert. Phoenix Dog Training provides one-on-one training in the convenience of your own home, a doggie boot camp, and more.
Sam The Dog Trainer provides on-site and online dog training with the purpose of strengthening bonds between dogs and their owners.
Visit one of these dog bakeries to show them how much you really care:
- Happy Tails Barkery at 743 S Lindsay Rd #105, Gilbert
- Wag N’ Wash Natural Pet Food & Grooming at 7777 E Indian School Rd, Scottsdale
- Green Bone Bakery
Happy Tails Barkery in Gilbert sells cakes, frostings, and icings that are natural with no added sugars or preservatives. Freshly baked treats like pies, loaves, cakes, and biscuits are available at Wag N’ Wash in Scottsdale.
Green Bone Bakery which you can find inside Smelly Dog from the best pet stores near you list uses human-grade, healthy, all-natural, and high-quality products. Wag N’ Wash also provides pet baking services and may be able to satisfy special requests for cakes.
Phoenix Pet Grooming
To help your dog or cat look better than ever bring them to one of these Phoenix pet groomers:
- Doggy Daze at 5555 N 7th St #126
- Wag N’ Wash at 4230 N 7th Ave
- Animal Clipper at 5251 E Brown Rd #101
- Pin Up Pets at 950 E Pecos Rd #1
- Elegant Pet Grooming in 1933 E Univ. Dr #10, Mesa
- Furry Beginnings at 2540 S Val Vista Dr #109, Gilbert
- Dogs Day Out Grooming at 2015 N Dobson Rd #1, Chandler
- Man’s Best Friend Dog Grooming at 8322 E McDowell Rd #106, Scottsdale
- Clip-N-Clean Dog Grooming at 8414 E McDonald Dr, Scottsdale
- Scooby Do’s Grooming at 930 W Brdwy Rd #8, Tempe
- Acoma Grooming at 6666 W Peoria Ave #122, Glendale
Doggy Daze offers full-service grooming and other one-of-a-kind services for dogs of all sizes, from little to huge. Wag N’ Wash specializes in high-end pet grooming, all-natural food, high-end toys, accessories, and their own gourmet bakery we just mentioned.
Animal Clipper is a full-service and self-serve grooming facility for cats and dogs in your area. Other specialized services include specialty shampoos, shed reduction treatments, deep moisturizing treatments, flea and tick treatments, nail painting, de-skunking treatments, and berry facials.
Elegant Pet Grooming in Mesa offers nail trimming, ear cleaning, anal gland examination, blow drying, removing loose undercoat, and hand stripping.
Comprehensive dog and cat grooming services are available at Furry Beginnings in Gilbert. Dogs Day Out in Chandler provides skin and coat care, designer bows, and paw massages.
You can also get quality local grooming from Learning Pawsibilities Dog Training School, Smelly Dog, Jet Pet Resort, Second Home Pet Resort, and Adobe Veterinary Clinic who we have mentioned in other sections of this post.
Unfortunately we do not know of any pet cafes near you right now. If you do please tell us so we can add the info to this post, thanks.
Hotels That Allow Pets
For a hotel that allows pets stay at:
- Kimpton Hotel Palomar at 2 E Jefferson St
- The Clarendon Hotel & Spa at 401 W Clarendon Ave
- The Camby at 2401 E Camelback Rd
- Foundre Hotel at 1100 N Central Ave
- Hyatt Place at 1422 Bass Pro Dr, Mesa
- DoubleTree at 1011 W Holmes Ave, Mesa
- Hampton Inn & Suites at 3265 S Market St, Gilbert
- Home2 Suites at 2490 W Queen Creek Rd, Chandler
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites at 3131 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale
- Comfort Inn & Suites Airport at 808 N Scottsdale Rd, Tempe
- Tru by Hilton at 6610 N 95th Ave, Glendale
Pet Boarding In Phoenix
These Phoenix pet boarding services are where to bring them when you need to head out of town:
- Second Home Pet Resort at 747 E Thunderbird Rd
- Jet Pet Resort at 1625 E Osborn Rd
- Bark Avenue Pet Resort at 3109 E McKellips Rd, Mesa
- Chandler Dogs 24/7 at 6145 W Chandler Blvd, Chandler
- 4 Paws Pet Resort at 1608 N Greenfield Rd, Mesa
- Happy Pets Palace & Playground at 1918 E McKellips Rd, Mesa
- Johnny’s Doghouse Pet Grooming & Boarding at 2285 E Baseline Rd #101, Gilbert
- Dogtopia of South Chandler at 4901 S Arizona Ave, Chandler
- Arizona Canine Center at 1535 N Dobson Rd, Chandler
- D Pet Hotels at 15060 N Northsight Blvd #107, Scottsdale
- Doggie District at 932 E Guadalupe Rd, Tempe
- Glendale Dogs 24/7 at 3618 W Bell Rd #B1, Glendale
Second Home Pet Resort provides boarding for cats and dogs in addition to dog daycare and grooming. Jet Pet Resort does boarding, dog daycare, grooming, and spa treatments.
Bark Avenue Pet Resort also has a veterinarian clinic and a store that offers pet products. Happy Pets Palace and Playground in Mesa features four play yards and complimentary resources ideal for puppy socialization.
Pet grooming, daycare, overnight boarding, and dental cleaning are offered at Johnny’s Doghouse in Gilbert. Doggie District provides daycare facilities, overnight boarding, grooming, and training programs in Tempe.
More options for overnight animal boarding near you include Learning Pawsibilities Dog Training School, Smelly Dog, and Adobe Veterinary Clinic from some other lists.
Best Veterinarians Near You
If unfortunate medical problems arise go to one of the best veterinarians in your area and get the best care:
- All Creatures Animal Clinic at 4022 E Greenway Rd #7
- Canyon Animal Hospital at 15411 N 31st St
- North Kenilworth Veterinary Care at 342 W McDowell Rd
- Vetmed Emergency & Specialty Care at 20612 Cave Creek Rd
- Adobe Veterinary Clinic at 6454 E Main St, Mesa
- Oasis Animal Hospital at 1025 E Ray Rd #5, Chandler
- Affordable Veterinary Clinic at 4930 E Main St #2, Mesa
- Val Vista Animal Hospital at 747 N Val Vista Dr, Gilbert
- Arizona Avenue Animal Clinic at 7 W Knox Rd, Chandler
- North Scottsdale Animal Hospital at 14870 N Northsight Blvd #101, Scottsdale
- Cobblestone Veterinary Care at 1721 E Warner Rd c3, Tempe
- Apollo Animal Hospital at 10707 N 51st Ave, Glendale
All of the above should be able to provide standard veterinary care for animals like microchipping, vaccines, flea and tick prevention, parasite control, cremations, euthanasia, other end of life care, and basic surgical or medical procedures.
At All Creatures Animal Clinic your dog, cat, exotic pets, and other small animals will receive exceptional veterinary care. Canyon Animal Hospital can handle emergency services.
Anyone that needs 24 hour emergency veterinary care for sick or injured animals in Phoenix can contact Vetmed Emergency & Specialty Care at 602-697-4694.
Adobe Veterinary Clinic only treats dogs and cats. They offer preventative and internal medicine, surgery, dentistry, microchipping, grooming, and boarding.
Oasis Animal Hospital offers emergency care as well as a weight-loss program. The Affordable Veterinary Clinic in Mesa offers wellness exams, immunizations, surgical procedures, and microchipping.
Val Vista provides vaccinations, microchipping, surgeries, spaying, and neutering in Gilbert. Arizona Avenue has facilities for digital x-rays, ultrasound, fiber optic endoscopy, an EKG machine, and a surgery suite in Chandler.
Medical, dental, surgical, and pain management care are available at North Scottsdale Animal Hospital.
Pet Cremation & Euthanization
When the sad day comes you can get your dog, cat, or other pet cremated at:
- PALS Pet & Animal Lovers Service at 3629 N 40th Ave
- Happy Endings In-Home Pet Euthanasia at 4727 E Bell Rd
- Serenity In Home Pet Euthanasia at 5155 E Eagle Dr #21178, Mesa
- Arizona Pet Mortuary at 929 E Juanita Ave #112, Mesa
- A Peaceful Farewell at 1350 E San Carlos Wy, Chandler
Communal cremation, partition cremation, and large animal services are all available through Pet and Animal Lovers Service. Happy Endings provides in-home pet euthanasia and cremation services to the full metro including Scottsdale, Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Tempe, and the surrounding areas.
Arizona Pet Mortuary provides expert cremation services in Mesa along with a selection of personalized urns. A Peaceful Farewell offers peaceful and painless euthanasia in Chandler.
By the way you can learn more about getting a local dog license at that link, and this one can help with lost or found pet situations. In the past we have also discussed:
- Everything Pets in Tucson
- Everything Pets in Las Vegas
- Everything Pets in San Diego
- Everything Pets in Los Angeles
Have Fun With Your Pets In Phoenix
We tried to cover the scene in full for you in this post. You just learned about a whole lot of pet stores, animal shelters, local adoption centers, dog parks, puppy trainers, bakeries, groomers, cafes, hotels that allow pets, places to board your dogs or cats, and even veterinarian or cremation services.
We know that our readers would really appreciate it if you could let us know if you noticed anything incorrect, or if you could share your own local pet tricks and tips. Hopefully you have a great time visiting any Phoenix pet stores, shelters, dog parks, or whatever places you learned about on this page.