We will be going over everything we know about pets in Tampa Bay & St Petersburg in full detail for you on this page today. Our goal is to share anything you may need to know about the subject at hand in one place.
Even if we want to cover everything, there’s no better place to start than a list of the best Tampa Bay & St Petersburg pet stores. They are probably the major reason you came to our blog, and they should be able to help you buy puppies, kittens, toys, food, and other necessities.
- 1 Best Pet Stores In Tampa Bay & St Petersburg
- 2 Animal Shelters & Adoption
- 3 Dog Parks
- 4 Puppy Training
- 5 Dog Bakeries
- 6 Tampa Bay & St Petersburg Pet Grooming
- 7 Pet Cafes
- 8 Hotels That Allow Pets
- 9 Pet Boarding In Tampa Bay & St Petersburg
- 10 Best Veterinarians Near You
- 11 Pet Cremation & Euthanization
- 12 Have Fun With Your Pets In Tampa Bay & St Petersburg
Next you’ll learn about the best local animal shelters for people who would prefer to adopt a dog, cat, or other animal. The following three sections cover dog parks, puppy trainers, and dog bakeries in your area.
Following that we will focus on local pet grooming spas and dog or cat cafes. Then we will mention some pet friendly hotels and overnight boarding facilities near you for the frequent travelers out there.
Veterinarians and pet cremation services are not the most upbeat subjects but they still must be addressed. You might want to stick around for our local pet map at the conclusion.
And anyone who is interested is welcome to look through more of our posts on cities around the Southeast at that link.
Best Pet Stores In Tampa Bay & St Petersburg
It doesn’t matter if you are trying to add a member to your family or just need some new toys, food, or supplies the best pet stores in Tampa Bay & St Petersburg would be:
- North Tampa Pet Depot at 16033 Tampa Palms Blvd
- Downtown Dogs at 1631 W Snow Cir
- The Modern Paws at 1120 E Kennedy Blvd #144
- Pet Food Warehouse at 1830 61st Ave N, St. Petersburg
- St Petersbark at 2435 9th St N, St. Petersburg
- Petworks at 1 Beach Dr SE #106, St. Petersburg
North Tampa Pet Depot has a wide selection of natural and premium pet food, supplies, supplements, and other items. They also provide excellent pet grooming and can help find adoptable animals.
Toys, foods, leashes, collars, and other accessories, as well as fresh baked dog treats and cakes are available at Downtown Dogs. Pet Supplies Plus has a self serve dog wash, a visiting pet care clinic, does grooming, and will provide free delivery on any orders of food, treats, and supplies over $35.
The Modern Paws offers nutritional counseling, unique pet goods, natural and holistic foods, and treats. You will also find a self-wash station, can try their grooming, pet adoption, and pick-up services.
Pet Food Warehouse sells a huge selection of affordable natural pet supplies and holistic foods. They also offer self-service dog washing and nail trimming.
St Petersbark has a vast selection of nutritious dog and cat food, bakes homemade treats, and can do pet food consultations, dental cleaning, and nail trimming. PetWorks offers a variety of premium and healthy foods, toys, accessories, and does grooming for dogs and cats.
Animal Shelters & Adoption
These animal shelters should have plenty of dogs and pets for adoption in your area:
- The Humane Society of Tampa Bay at 3607 N Armenia Ave
- Friends of Strays Animal Shelter at 2911 47th Ave N, St Petersburg
- PetPal Animal Shelter at 405 22nd St S, St Petersburg
- SPCA Tampa Bay at 9099 130th Ave N, Largo
The Humane Society of Tampa Bay does great work with pet adoptions, sheltering, and providing lost and found pet assistance. Volunteers are always welcome.
Friends of Strays Animal Shelter provides pets for adoption and foster care, as well as information on lost and found dogs. SPCA Tampa Bay offers dogs for adoption as well as veterinary services.
Petpal Animal Shelter offers pets for adoption and dog training.
Few things will make them more excited than spending some time at one of these dog parks near you:
- Davis Island Beach Dog Park
- Deputy Kotfila Memorial Dog Park in Channelside
- Picnic Island Beach
- Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park
- Queenie’s Dog Park
- Rowlett Dog Park
- Gadsden Park
- West Park Dog Park
- Gadsden Dog Park
- Fort DeSoto Dog Park in St Pete
- Lake Vista Park in St Pete
- Crescent Lake Park
Whether you want to try and teach an old dog a new trick or need puppy training services you can try:
- Sam Ivy K9 Consultants at 601 S Harbour Island Blvd #109
- Revolution Dog Training at 13046 Race Track Rd #130
- Dog Training Club of Tampa at 6620 Garsh Loop
- Alpha & Omega Dog Training at 1175 Pinellas Point Dr S #360, St Petersburg
- Dog Training Club at 4400 34th St N # B, St Petersburg
Private lessons, group classes, and a board and train program are all available at Revolution Dog Training. Alpha and Omega Dog Training focuses on one client and one dog at a time.
Petpal Animal Shelter and Love My Dog Resort & Waterpark from some other lists also are good spots for local puppy training.
Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming offers grooming and dog bakeries in both their South Tampa and St Petersburg locations. Their treats are all-natural, free of by-products, and don’t contain corn or soy as fillers plus the majority of the products are wheat-free, and they also have grain-free options.
St Petersbark and Downtown Dogs from the pet stores list plus Fuzzy & Furries and One Lucky Dog from the grooming list also bake fresh dog food and treats.
Tampa Bay & St Petersburg Pet Grooming
These Tampa Bay & St Petersburg pet groomers will get your dog or cat looking ready to hit the ‘gram:
- Health Mutt at 6116 N Central Ave
- Fuzzy & Furries Petstore at 6297 Central Ave, St. Petersburg
- One Lucky Dog at 5320 4th St N, St. Petersburg
- Dandy’s Pet Grooming at 2150 1st Ave S #1, St. Petersburg
Pet food delivery, grooming, and a self-service dog wash are all available at Health Mutt. Fuzzy & Furries Petstore offers affordable bathing and grooming services for all breeds.
They also stock high quality food and a bakery for dogs and cats. One Lucky Dog also has a bakery, a boutique with healthy food and treats, and top notch grooming services.
Pet Supplies Plus, North Tampa Pet Depot, The Modern Paws, and PetWorks from the pet stores list and Camp Bow Wow, New Tampa Pet Resort, Puppy Palace South Tampa, and Love My Dog Resort & Waterpark from the pet boarding list, and Woof Gang Bakery also do grooming in your area.
Dog, cat, or pet cafes around town can be a fun place to chill for the both of you:
- Sunshine Kitty Catfe at 1669 1st Ave S
- The Dog Bar at 2300 Central Ave
Sunshine Kitty Catfe is the first cat café in St Petersburgh, not an all-pets-welcome establishment. Don’t bring any dogs!
Hotels That Allow Pets
For a hotel that allows pets in your area check out:
- Sheraton Tampa Brandon Hotel at 10221 Princess Palm Ave
- La Quinta Inn Tampa Airport at 4730 W Spruce St
- La Quinta Inn & Suites St Pete NE at 6638 4th St N
- Hotel Indigo St Pete Downtown at 234 Third Ave N
Pet Boarding In Tampa Bay & St Petersburg
These Tampa Bay & St Petersburg pet boarding services are where to go when you need to take a trip:
- Fuzzie Buddies at 1212 N 34th St
- Camp Bow Wow at 4624 N Grady Ave
- New Tampa Pet Resort at 3513 E County Line Rd
- Puppy Palace South Tampa at 4313 W Pearl Ave
- Love My Dog Resort & Waterpark at 928 18th St N, St Petersburg
- Preppy Pet St Petersburg at 3148 28th St N, St Petersburg
Dog boarding, cat boarding, daycare, and bathing are all available at Fuzzie Buddies. Dog daycare and overnight boarding available at Camp Bow Wow.
Pet boarding, dog daycare, and grooming are all available at New Tampa Pet Resort. Exotic pet boarding is also available.
Love My Dog Resort & Waterpark offers daycare, boarding, grooming, training, dog walking, and a dog shuttle. Puppy Palace South Tampa offers boarding and grooming for dogs and cats.
Preppy Pet St Petersburg accepts all breeds and sizes of dogs, as well as cats, birds, and small animals. We have linked you to Love My Dog Resort & Waterpark and the Animal Hospital of Tampa in other lists and they do overnight boarding for animals too.
Best Veterinarians Near You
If unfortunate medical problems arise go to one of the best veterinarians near you and get the best care:
- Harmony Vet Care at 5420 Webb Rd c2
- Westchase Veterinary Center and Emergency at 12037 & 12043 Whitmarsh Ln
- Animal Hospital of Tampa at 4005 W Hillsborough Ave
- Bayshore Animal Clinic at 2812 W Gandy Blvd
- Haines Road Animal Hospital at 4342 Haines Rd N
- Pet Pal Veterinary Clinic at 1900 34th St S
- Animal Medical Hospital at 2540 30th Ave N
- Animal Emergency Clinic of St Petersburg at 3165 22nd Ave N
Microchipping and parasite treatment are available at Harmony Veterinary Care. Microchipping, parasite prevention offleas, ticks, and heartworms, end-of-life care like euthanasia, cremation, and burials, and exotic animal care are all available at Westchase Veterinary Center and Emergency.
Microchipping, pet licensing, and boarding are all available at Animal Hospital of Tampa. Emergency care is available at Bayshore Animal Clinic.
Haines Road Animal Hospital provides microchipping for cats and dogs, as well as flea and tick prevention and emergency care. Microchipping and cheap spay/neuter services are available at Pet Pal Veterinary Clinic, as well as flea, tick, and heartworm pet meds.
Exotic pet treatment is also available at Animal Medical Hospital. The Animal Emergency Clinic of St Petersburg is open 24/7 for emergency services, call them at 727-323-1311 if you need urgent care.
Pet Cremation & Euthanization
When the sad day comes you can get your dog, cat, or other pet cremated at:
Pet Loss at Home offers pet euthanasia at home in Tampa Bay metro area. They also provides private or communal cremations.
Lap of Love can do veterinary hospice, in home euthanasia, aftercare like private or communal cremations, and provides teleadvice. Westchase Veterinary Center and Emergency from the veterinarians list also offers cremation and euthanasia. Here is a good link to assist with lost or found animals in your area.
You may also want to read some of our other guides for these nearby cities:
- Blog For Orlando Animal Lovers
- Blog For Cape Coral & Fort Myers Animal Lovers
- Blog For Miami Animal Lovers
- Blog For Jacksonville Animal Lovers
Have Fun With Your Pets In Tampa Bay & St Petersburg
We tried to cover the scene in full for you today. Hopefully you learned a little something about all of these local pet stores, animal shelters and adoption centers, dog parks, puppy trainers, bakeries, groomers, cafes, hotels that allow pets, places to board your dogs or cats, and even veterinarian or cremation services.
We and our readers would really appreciate it if you could let us know if you noticed anything incorrect, or if you could share your own local pet tricks and tips. Have a great time visiting any Tampa Bay & St Petersburg pet stores, shelters, dog parks, or whatever places you learned about on this page.