Hello and welcome to this blog that will share everything we know about pets in San Antonio. Whether you are a current owner or trying to find a new special friend there should be plenty of info here to help you out.
Our opening section will be about the best San Antonio pet stores. We figure since they are a good place to buy puppies, kittens, toys, food, and supplies they will probably help more of you out than any of the other sections.
Up next we will get into animal shelters for local dog or cat adoption. With so much overpopulation many would prefer to go the adoption route and we certainly won’t argue against that.
The next three sections will be for the dog lovers who are joining us. Dog parks, puppy trainers, and dog bakeries near you will be discussed in full detail.
Then we will pivot to pet grooming and pet cafes around town. Hotels that allow animals to check in will also get their own section for any travelers that are reading this.
Or if you are planning to leave home for a bit we will talk about the best places for pet boarding near in your area. At the end we will get into some unfortunate topics like veterinarians and dog or cat cremation.
We also will be sharing a local pet map to help you figure out which places are closest to your current area. And you can check out our other posts on cities around the region there if interested.
Best Pet Stores In San Antonio
The best San Antonio pet stores are where to go if you want to buy a new puppy, kitten, toys, food, or any kind of supplies:
- Mike’s Dog Store at 6338 N New Braunfels Ave
- Forever Pets Inc at 1030 Basse Rd
- Pet Supplies Plus at 1242 Austin Hwy
- New Braunfels Feed & Supply at 810 Loop 337, New Braunfels
Fresh and salt water fish, reptiles, small animals, and birds are all available at Forever Pets Inc. Small pets and exotic birds are now part of New Braunfels Feed & Supply’s product and service offerings.
Animal Shelters & Adoption
You can find plenty of dogs and pets for adoption at these animal shelters in your area:
The Animal Defense League offers pet adoption as well as volunteer and contribution opportunities.
Nothing will make your furry friend happier than spending some time at one of these local dog parks:
- Pearsall Dog Park
- Madison Square Dog Park
- Phil Hardberger Dog Park
- McAllister Dog Park
- Tom Slick Dog Park
- Bark Park of Alamo Heights
- Panther Springs Park
- Universal City Dog Park
- New Braunfels Dog Park
These puppy trainers in your area will have them following orders in no time:
- Camp Bow Wow at 11931 Jones Maltsberger Rd
- Rob Cary Pet Resort at 14824 Bulverde Road
- Sit means sit dog training at 697 Sassman Rd
- Wet Nose Training
- America’s Leading Dog Trainers
Day care, boarding, grooming, and live web cams are all available at Camp Bow Wow, allowing you to check in on your dog from anywhere using your smartphone or computer. Grooming and daycare are also available at Rob Cary Pet Resort.
Sit Means Sit also offers private puppy lessons, group sessions, and board and train services. Wet Nose Training offers a complete board and train service.
In-home training, private and group lessons are available from America’s Leading Dog Trainers.
For a real special treat visit one of these dog bakeries:
- Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming at 10003 NW Military Hwy #1109
- Pawsitively Sweet Bakery at 5501 Blanco Rd
- Fetch & Friskers Barkery at 701 S Main St, Boerne
- Barking Bad Bakery & Boutique
San Antonio’s Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming could have also gone in the grooming section. We think your dog will be satisfied with their fresh baked treats or their spa packages.
Pawsitively Sweet Bakery now offers Birthday Pawty Bundles to add to the fun of your pup’s special day. For those dogs with sensitive stomachs, Barking Bad Bakery and Boutique has a selection of grain-free snacks.
Fetch & Friskers Barkery in Boerne also sells hard to find items like custom bedding and carriers, dog and cat bowls for Hill Country design, leashes, collars, and toys ranging from moderate to tough chewer.
PetSuites from a future list also is a good option for puppy training near you.
San Antonio Pet Grooming
These San Antonio pet groomers will get your dog or cat looking their best for sure:
- Helga’s Pet Grooming Plus at 7870 Culebra Rd #14
- Clip & Care Dog Grooming at 9113 Timber Path
- Michelle’s Pet Salon at 5902 S Zarzamora St
- Le Paws Pet Grooming Salon at 6565 Babcock Rd #21
Daycare is also available at Le Paws Pet Grooming Salon. There are many other places that do quality local pet grooming that we are putting in other lists like Camp Bow Wow, Rob Cary Pet Resort, Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming, Pawderosa Ranch, Puppy Power Dog Resort, Lucy’s Doggy, The Pets Inn, PetSuites, Alamo Dog & Cat Hospital, North Star Animal Hospital, and the Great Northwest Animal Hospital.
Unfortunately we do not know of any local pet cafes at the moment. If you do please tell us so we can add the info to this post, thanks.
Hotels That Allow Pets
If you are visiting and need a hotel that allows pets stay at:
- Residence Inn Downtown Market Square at 628 S Santa Rosa
- Hyatt Place Airport at 7615 Jones Maltsberger Rd
- Econo Lodge Downtown South at 606 Division Ave
- Aloft Airport at 838 NW Loop 410
Pet Boarding In San Antonio
These pet boarding facilities in San Antonio will give them a quality stay while you are out of town:
- Pawderosa Ranch at 1203 Mission Rd
- Lucy’s Doggy at 2250 Thousand Oaks Dr #200
- Puppy Power Dog Resort st 3222 Ackerman Rd
- The Pets Inn at 123 W Rhapsody Dr
- PetSuites Airport at 530 NE Interstate 410 Loop
Pawderosa Ranch even has a spa and salon for your dog. Puppy Power Dog Resort offers daycare and grooming. Lucy’s Doggy also offers grooming, daycare, and has a self-serve dog wash.
When pet parents bring their pet’s immunization records in to register their pet for the Community Rescue ID Tag program, they can get free custom ID tags made at Puppy Power Dog Resort. Daycare, a salon and spa, pet supplies, adoptions, and immunizations are all available at The Pets Inn.
Daycare, grooming, training, and puppy preschool are all available at PetSuites near the airport. You can also get overnight animal boarding from Camp Bow Wow, Alamo Dog & Cat Hospital, and North Star Animal Hospital that we have linked to in other sections.
Best Veterinarians Near You
If medical problems arise head to one of the best veterinarians in your area and get the best care:
- St. Francis Of Assisi Veterinary Medical Center at 8615 Potranco Rd
- Alamo Dog & Cat Hospital at 1619 Pleasanton Rd
- North Star Animal Hospital at 7227 San Pedro Ave
- Acres North Animal Hospital at 16302 San Pedro Ave
- Great Northwest Animal Hospital at 8843 Grissom Rd
The Veterinary Medical Center of St. Francis of Assisi provides parasite control, end-of-life care, and microchipping. Boarding, grooming, flea and tick prevention, and pet insurance are also available at Alamo Dog & Cat Hospital.
Boarding, daycare, grooming, and in-home care are all available at North Star Animal Hospital. Acres Animal friends can also be boarded at North Animal Hospital while grooming is also available at Great Northwest Animal Hospital.
Pet Cremation & Euthanization
Not a fun topic but we should also mention that you can get end of life care like pet cremation or euthanization at:
- All Paws Great & Small Pet Crematory at 5611 E Houston St
- Babcock Hills Veterinary Hospital at 6600 W Prue
- Bluebonnet Pet Crematory at 8714 Business Cir, Converse
Individual or private cremation and burial services are available at All Paws Great & Small Pet Crematory. Euthanasia, parasite prevention, and microchipping are also available at Babcock Hills Veterinary Hospital.
- Austin Pet & Dog Lovers Guide
- Dallas & Ft Worth Pet & Dog Lovers Guide
- Houston Pet & Dog Lovers Guide
- El Paso Pet & Dog Lovers Guide
Have Fun With Your Pets In San Antonio
Well guys, we really did try our best to discuss the scene in full. You just learned about a whole lot of pet stores, animal shelters, adoptions, dog parks, puppy trainers, bakeries, groomers, cafes, hotels that allow pets, places to board your dogs or cats, and even veterinarian or cremation services in your area.
You could really help us and all of our readers out by letting us know if you noticed anything incorrect, or by sharing your own local pet tricks and tips. Hopefully you have a great time visiting any San Antonio pet stores, shelters, dog parks, or whatever places you learned about on this page.