The Minneapolis and St Paul pet scene is going to be covered in full detail throughout this post. We know you all won’t be here searching for the same information but there should be enough discussed to help you plan your next move no matter what that is.
All of our city guides get going the same way and that is with a breakdown of the best Minneapolis and St Paul pet stores. Puppies, kittens, toys, food, and supplies may all be purchased at them so they will probably help the most of you out.
- 1 Best Pet Stores In Minneapolis & St Paul
- 2 Animal Shelters & Adoption
- 3 Dog Parks
- 4 Puppy Training
- 5 Dog Bakeries Minneapolis & St Paul
- 6 Pet Grooming
- 7 Pet Cafes In Minneapolis & St Paul
- 8 Hotels That Allow Pets
- 9 Pet Boarding In Minneapolis & St Paul
- 10 Best Veterinarians Near You
- 11 Pet Cremation & Euthanization
- 12 Have Fun With Your Pets In Minneapolis & St Paul
The best local animal shelters for dog and cat adoption will be up next. Following that we will get into dog parks, puppy trainers, and dog bakeries in your area.
Pet grooming spas near you and dog or cat cafes around the city will garner our next sections. We can’t presume everyone reading this lives here so we’ll recommend some pet-friendly hotels too.
As we progress we’ll talk about the best pet boarding facilities in your area, and we are saving the somber topics like veterinarians and dog or cat cremation services for the end. Make sure to look at the map towards the end so you can find out which spots are closest to where you are right now.
If you want to learn more about what is available in other cities in this part of the world that link will help you find the answers.
Best Pet Stores In Minneapolis & St Paul
You may want to buy a new puppy or kitten or you might just need to get some new toys, food, or supplies and these best pet stores in Minneapolis and St Paul can handle most of your needs:
- Urban Tails Pet Supply at 2106 Lyndale Ave S
- Woody’s Pet Food Deli at 3008 W 50th St
- Sonnen’s Pet Shop at 406 St Peter St, St Paul
- Tamed Waters at 1440 Arcade St #A, St Paul
- Chuck & Don’s Pet Food & Supplies at 8115 Wedgewood Ln N #1, Maple Grove
- PetSmart at 11200 Fountains Dr, Maple Grove
- Petco at 8010 Wedgewood Ln N, Maple Grove
- Pet Supplies Plus at 3701 W Old Shakopee Rd, Bloomington
Many kinds of pet foods, treats, collars, leashes, toys, carriers, and other items should be available at each of those local pet stores. Urban Tails provides natural, preservative-free treats for dogs that are devoid of salt, white flour, and corn in their collection of dog cookies.
Woody’s Pet Food Deli serves a variety of freshly made, biologically-appropriate, real living food for dogs and cats. Tamed Waters is an exotic aquarium fish and plant retail store that focus on making rare and high-quality fish and invertebrates available to the public.
Chuck & Don’s is a group of experts from nutritionists to groomers to behaviorists who are committed to holistic pet care offering natural food, healthy treats, supplies for grooming, and training.
The PetSmart and Petco near you are big box retailers that should have all the supplies you need and should be able to provide basic grooming, boarding, and even some veterinary services. Pet Supplies Plus sells birds, kittens, puppies, fishes, small pets, reptiles, amphibians and also offers dog grooming, a self serve dog wash, pet pharmacy, and VIP pet care.
Animal Shelters & Adoption
Think about visiting one of these animal shelters before you decide to go the buying new route:
- Animal Humane Society at 845 Meadow Ln N
- Minnesota Humane Society at 475 Cleveland Ave N #100b
- Feline Rescue at 593 Fairview Ave N, Bloomington
- Caring For Cats at 2550 7th Ave E, North St Paul
Animal Humane Society provides direct care and services to help nearly 100,000 animals in need as one of the nation’s leading welfare organizations transforming the way shelters care for and engage in their communities. Pets and wildlife are protected by the Minnesota Humane Society which is a state wide education, advocacy, and rescue organization.
There are many cats in the care of Feline Rescue’s shelters and foster programs that are waiting for a permanent home. Caring for Cats is an all-volunteer, no-kill shelter and foster network for cats and kittens in your area.
On a sunny day these dog parks near you are where they can have a great time:
- Minnehaha Dog Park
- Lake of the Isles Dog Park
- St. Anthony Parkway Off-Leash Dog Park
- Victory Prairie Off-Leash Recreation Area
- Franklin Terrace Off-Leash Dog Park
- Arlington Arkwright Dog Park
- Battle Creek Regional Park in Maplewood
- High Bridge Dog Park
To speed up their learning curve sign up for one of these puppy training services in your area:
- Twin Cities Obedience Training Club at 2101 Broadway #NE
- Your Dog’s Best Friend at 225 Border Ave N, #A
- The Canine Coach at 1044 Front Ave, St Paul
- St Paul Dog Training Club at 219 13th Ave S, St Paul
- Cloud Nine Training School for Dogs at 11528 96th Ave N, Maple Grove
- Kristy Francis Dog Training, Maple Grove
- Bloomington Obedience Training Club at 8127 Pleasant Ave S, Bloomington
- Go Anywhere Dog at 6315 Penn Ave S, Bloomington
Twin Cities Obedience Training Club uses positive-reinforcement clicker training to help you build a positive relationship with your dog. The Canine Coach provides dog obedience training classes, puppy kindergarten socialization classes, and dog behavior training.
Cloud Nine Dog Training offers a variety of lessons including puppy socialization, dog obedience, agility, therapy dog training, and scent work. Kristy Francis Dog Training has training and behavior modification services including basic manners, fear, aggression, leash reactivity, resource guarding, problem behaviors, and puppy training.
Founded more than 50 years ago the Bloomington Obedience Training Club is a non-profit dog training school in your area that has been helping people teach their dogs for more than half a century with the support of a group of dedicated volunteer members.
The Go Anywhere Dog team is ready to become a part of your journey to having the relationship of your dreams with your new puppy or dog. Chuck & Don’s Pet Food & Supplies also offers puppy training.
Dog Bakeries Minneapolis & St Paul
Just Dogs! Gourmet at Bone Marché, 3777 Park Center Boulevard has been baking fresh treats for local dogs for almost ten years creating all-natural, fresh-baked goodies that look and taste great. Urban Tails Pet Supply and Chuck & Don’s Pet Food & Supplies also offer home made treats for dogs.
Make sure your dog or cat is looking their best by taking them to a pet groomer:
- Ollu Dog Wash & Grooming Salon at 1600 Marshall St NE, #2
- Royal Pet Beauty Shop at 3019 Lyndale Ave So
- Shear Elegance Pet Grooming at 1469 White Bear Ave
- South Paw Pet Grooming at 925 Southview Blvd, St Paul
- Grand Paws at 600 Hamline Ave N, St Paul
- Bubbly Paws at 7893 Main St, Maple Grove
- Shaggy Dog Grooming at 7488 E Fish Lake R, Maple Grove d
- Royal Paws Dog Grooming at 10560 France Ave S, Bloomington
- Dogtopia at 5208 W 84th St, Bloomington
Ollu has been providing full-service grooming as a one-stop shop for keeping dogs fresh and clean since 2009. For almost 30 years Royal Pet Beauty Shop has provided high-quality pet grooming services in your area.
South Paw Pet grooms your pet to your utmost delight while giving them the greatest experience possible. Grand Paws Pet Grooming specializes in special needs pets.
Bubbly Paws provides excellent dog groomers that are eager to make your dog’s spa experience as stress-free as possible. Shaggy Dog Grooming is a locally owned and operated business that has been providing baths, haircuts, nails, and other grooming services to dogs for over 25 years.
Royal Paws is dedicated to providing you and your canine partner with a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Grooming, dog daycare, boarding, and spa treatments are all available at Dogtopia.
PetSmart, Petco, Pet Supplies Plus, Chuck & Don’s Pet Food & Supplies, St. Paws, and VCA Bloomington Animal Hospital also provide pet grooming.
Pet Cafes In Minneapolis & St Paul
The Cafe Meow at 2323 Hennepin Avenue South is a full-service coffee shop with a lounge full of adoptable rescue cats.
Hotels That Allow Pets
If you are trying to find a hotel that allows pets we suggest:
- Courtyard at 1500 S Washington Ave
- Hilton Minneapolis at 1001 S Marquette Ave S
- Motel 6 at 1739 Old Hudson Rd
- Best Western Plus Como Park at 1010 Bandana Blvd W, St Paul
- Sheraton at 5601 W 78th St, Bloomington
- Staybridge Suites at 7821 Elm Creek Blvd N, Maple Grove
Pet Boarding In Minneapolis & St Paul
These Minneapolis and St Paul pet boarding services should give them a comfortable rest:
- Downtown Dogs at 821 2nd Ave N
- City Paws Pet Club at 300 S 2nd St
- Dog Days Daycare & Boarding at 350 University Ave E, St Paul
- St. Paws at 1920 University Ave W, St Paul
- Adogo Pet Hotel at 7400 Kirkwood Ct, Maple Grove
- Sugar’s Doghouse at 494 & Penn Ave, Bloomington
- Lucky Dog Pet Lodge at 1067 American Blvd E, Bloomington
Downtown Dogs provide both dog and human interaction that benefits mental stimulation and socialization. City Paws Pet Club offers a premier boarding experience for your furry family member.
St. Paws is a family- owned doggy daycare, boarding, and grooming facility near you that has 4,000 square feet and have a capacity of 40 dogs per day. Adogo Pet Hotel provides an exceptional experience in care, comfort, and fun for every one of their overnight guests.
Sugar’s Doghouse specializes in puppy and dog boarding. Lucky Dog Pet Lodge is a dog daycare and boarding facility with a 7,000 square foot indoor play area for your pups to socialize with other canines.
PetSmart, Petco, Dogtopia, Como Park Animal Hospital, and France Avenue Pet Hospital also offer local pet boarding.
Best Veterinarians Near You
They will get the best medical care possible if you take them to one of the best veterinarians in the metro:
- Lake Harriet Veterinary at 4249 Bryant Ave S
- Lyndale Animal Hospital at 2544 Lyndale Ave S
- Nokomis Pet Clinic at 2917 E 42nd St
- Como Park Animal Hospital at 1014 Dale St N, St Paul
- Minnepau Veterinary Clinic at 918 Raymond Ave #100, St Paul
- Fort Road Animal Clinic at 1284 7th St W, St Paul
- North Paws Veterinary Clinic at 9481 Garland Ln N, Maple Grove
- Paws & Claws Pet Hospital of Maple Grove at 13640 Grove Dr, Maple Grove
- France Avenue Pet Hospital at 3701 W Old Shakopee Rd #280, Bloomington
- VCA Bloomington Animal Hospital at 8830 Lyndale Ave S, Bloomington
Standard veterinary care like microchipping, vaccines, flea and tick prevention, parasite control, cremations, euthanasia, other end of life care, and basic surgical or medical procedures should be available at any of those veterinarians in your area. Established in 1936 Lyndale Animal Hospital has a long history of providing professional and compassionate veterinary care to your beloved pets. They offer services in general practice for cats and dogs including preventative health care, internal medicine, surgery, dentistry, and radiology.
Como Park Animal Hospital is a unique veterinary healthcare service that offers primary care and emergency room services all under one roof. In addition they offer boarding, medical grooming, and an onsite pharmacy. North Paws Veterinary Clinic and Fort Road Animal Clinic provide a thorough inspection from head to tail, immunizations, and preventative treatments.
Dentistry, emergency care, nutritional counseling, laser surgery, and end-of-life care are also available at Paws & Claws Pet Hospital. France Avenue Pet Hospital offers veterinary care as well as pet boarding. VCA Bloomington Animal Hospital offers dentistry, cremation, and pet grooming.
Anyone that needs 24 hour emergency veterinary assistance for sick or injured animals can call BluePearl Pet Hospital at 952-942-8272.
Pet Cremation & Euthanization
Life always comes to an end and when it does you can get your dog, cat, or other pet cremated at:
- Pets Remembered Cremation Services at 15 2nd Ave SE
- Caring Paws Pet Cremation at 916 26th Ave NE
- Memorial Pet Cemetery at 1115 Beulah Ln, St Paul
Pets Remembered Cremation Services provides pet cremation services to families who have lost a beloved pet. Caring Paws Pet Cremation specializes in providing dignified and caring pet cremations.
The Memorial Pet Cemetery is the oldest pet cemetery near you and is the final resting place for thousands of companion animals. Paws & Claws Pet Hospital provides euthanasia for your dogs and cats. VCA Bloomington Animal Hospital also offer pet cremation.
Some of you may also want to check out our posts on:
- Dogs, Cats & More in Milwaukee
- Dogs, Cats & More in Chicago
- Dogs, Cats & More in Omaha
- Dogs, Cats & More in Winnipeg
Have Fun With Your Pets In Minneapolis & St Paul
After thinking about all of those pet stores, animal shelters, adoptions, dog parks, puppy trainers, bakeries, groomers, cafes, hotels that allow pets, places to board your dogs or cats, and even veterinarian or cremation services we hope you have a better understanding of the scene in your area.
It would be great if you could let us know if you noticed anything incorrect, or if you could share your own local pet tricks and tips in the comments. Hopefully you have a great time checking out any Minneapolis and St Paul pet stores, shelters, dog parks, or whatever places you learned about on this page.