We hope that you are all ready to go on a deep dive into everything we know about pets in Denver right now. Our goal is to share anything you may need to know about the subject at hand in one place.
Even if we want to cover it all there is no better place to start than a list of the best Denver pet stores. They are probably the major reason you came to our blog, and they should be able to help you buy puppies, kittens, toys, food, and other necessities.
Next you’ll learn about the best local animal shelters for people who would prefer to adopt a dog, cat, or other animal. The following three sections cover dog parks, puppy trainers, and dog bakeries in your area.
Following that we will focus on pet grooming spas and dog or cat cafes. Then we will mention some pet friendly hotels and overnight boarding facilities near you for the frequent travelers out there.
Veterinarians and pet cremation services are not the most upbeat subjects but they still must be addressed. Also, don’t go until you’ve seen our local pet map at the conclusion.
To look through more of our posts on cities around the Midwest you can click here.
Best Pet Stores In Denver
When you want to buy a new puppy or kitten or just get some new toys, food, or supplies these best pet stores in Denver are good places to go:
- Simpawtico at 4500 W 38th Ave #110
- Mouthfuls at 4224 Tennyson St
- Luke & Company Fine Pet Supply & Outfitter at 430 Broadway
- Pet Station at 2300 S Colorado Blvd
- Chewy’s Bonetique at 200 Quebec St #600-119
- Pet Palace at 4094 S Parker Rd, Aurora
- Maw & Paw Pet Market at 9555 E Montview Blvd, Aurora
- Nature Box Pet Emporium at 13740 E Quincy Ave, Aurora
- Pets N’ Stuff at 7777 W Jewell Ave, Lakewood
- Chuck & Don’s Pet Food & Supplies at 13691 Colorado Blvd #109, Thornton
- Bentley’s Pet Stuff at 7705 Wadsworth Blvd #F, Arvada
- Hero’s Pets at 8246 W Bowles Ave, Littleton
- Pet Supplies Plus at 5050 S Federal Blvd, Englewood
Simpawtico has a wide selection of nutritious meals and snacks, as well as toys, vitamins, beds, and a range of other pet products to keep your dog or cat happy and healthy.
In NW Denver, Mouthfuls offers nutritious pet meals, essential supplies, plus a few frivolities. They provide various services like missing pet help, and they also provide dental cleaning services with a qualified veterinarian visiting their business every 6 weeks or so to clean teeth without the use of anesthetics. Mouthfuls provides complimentary next-day delivery within a 5 mile radius of store on weekdays. They have won a few awards over the years for being the best Denver pet store.
Luke & Company Fine Pet Supply & Outfitter sells a wide range of pet products, as well as grooming and a dog wash, in downtown. They also have a bakery for pets.
Natural foods, toys, and treats, as well as wild bird and poultry feed and a do-it-yourself pet wash area are available at Pet Station.
Chewy’s Bonetique features local manufacturers’ best food and treats for dogs and cats, as well as accessories, toys, costumes, and more. They also provide self-service dog washing, bathing, and will do complete grooming.
Pet Palace has a fish and aquarium department, as well as pet food and supplies. Biscom food allergy testing, a DIY dog wash, and a veterinary clinic are all available.
Pets N’ Stuff sells more than 50 kinds of cat and dog food with a focus on providing a nutritious, holistic, and natural diets for your pet. A big self-service dog wash is also available, as well as low-cost immunization, dentistry, and pet clinics.
Maw and Paw sells quality pet grooming supplies in Aurora. An assortment of reptiles, amphibians, and aquatics are available at Nature Box Pet Emporium.
Hero’s provides a variety of pet treats, chews, toys, and supplements for dogs and cats in Littleton.
Pet Supplies Plus offers numerous organic products and complete grooming services in Englewood.
By the way there are four Petco stores and two PetSmart stores near you.
Animal Shelters & Adoption
There will probably be plenty of dogs and pets for adoption at these local animal shelters:
- The Denver Dumb Friends League at 2080 S Quebec St
- Denver Animal Shelter at 1241 W Bayaud Ave
- MaxFund at 958 Inca St
- Colorado Puppy Rescue at 10021 E Iliff Ave, Aurora
- The Hopeful Hound at 10021 E Iliff Ave, Aurora
- Cat Care Society at 5787 W 6th Ave, Lakewood
- Life Is Better Rescue at 3535 S Allison St, Lakewood
The Denver Dumb Friends League is a non-profit organization that provides services like pet adoption, pet abuse reporting, lost and found pets, and veterinary treatments including vaccines, spay/neuter, end-of-life care, euthanasia, and other veterinary services.
Pet adoption, lost and found pets, pet rehoming, microchipping, surrendering your pet, spay/neuter, vaccines, licensing, euthanasia, and more are all available at the Denver Animal Shelter.
MaxFund is a real no kill animal shelter and adoption facility that is leading the no kill movement in Colorado, challenging established ways of animal care. They work to offer animals a second shot at life, especially those that have been injured, abandoned, or abused. They also run MaxFund’s Wellness Center, a low-cost veterinary facility that offers services including spay/neuter, vaccines, and dentistry.
Prospective adopters and community members are welcome at The Hopeful Hound in Aurora.
A nurturing environment and cage free homes are available at the Cat Care Society in Lakewood.
You know your furry friend would love nothing more than to run around one of these dog parks in your area:
- Berkeley Dog Park
- Stapleton Dog Park
- Kennedy Dog Park
- Cherry Creek State Park
- Railyard Dog Park
- Westminster Dog Park
- Chatfield State Park
- Grandview Dog Park in Aurora
- Forsberg Park in Lakewood
These puppy trainers near you should speed up their learning curve:
- Pavlov Dog Training at 1295 S Jason St
- Noble Beast Dog Training at 4335 Vine St
- Pawsitive PAC Creations Dog Training at 4550 S Reservoir Rd #D, Aurora
- Canine/Feline Behavior Counseling at 11652 E Ada Pl, Aurora
- Clearwater Dog Training at 1446 Estes St, Lakewood
- Terroux Dog Training at 9797 W Colfax Ave #3TT, Lakewood
- Dog Dynamix at 5930 Ingalls St, Arvada
- Triumphant Canine Dog Training
Pavlov Dog Training offers personalized dog training as well as a board-and-train service.
Noble Beast Dog Training provides personalized dog training in the comfort of your own home, as well as board and train, group day training, day boarding, and group training.
Pawsitive focuses on training puppies in Aurora with basic manners, socialization, and potty training.
Behavioral issue training and programs for your dogs are provided at Clearwater in Lakewood.
Dog Dynamix in Arvada offers obedience training and boarding services.
Triumphant Canine Canine Training provides dog training in the comfort of your own home. Located in Centennial they serve the Denver Metro Area as well as the surrounding cities of Arvada, Aurora, Broomfield, Boulder, Castle Rock, Englewood, Highlands Ranch, Littleton, and others.
Both Paradise 4 Paws and Woof in Boots are solid options for puppy training in your area that we have put in other lists on this page.
A tasty treat from one of these local dog bakeries will really show your appreciation:
Biscotti Hound Dog Biscuit Bakery specializes in dog birthday cakes. You can pick your dog’s favorite icing color, and there’s even a gluten-free, grain-free version.
From bakery options to their vast assortment of toys, Two Pals & A Pup offers the best goods for your four-legged companions.
Pet bakery items are also available at Luke & Company Fine Pet Supply & Outfitter.
To get your dog or cat looking their best take them to one of these pet groomers:
- Little Brown Dog at 3235 Navajo St
- Urban Dogg Uptown at 695 E 19th Ave
- Lucky Dog Grooming at 1950 S Holly St #2
- Spawology Pet Grooming Spa at 9150 W Jewell Ave #4
- Aurora Pet Grooming at 15113 E Hampden Ave, Aurora
- Gentle Loving Care Dog Grooming at 14480 E 6th Ave, Aurora
- Shaggy Doggy Salon at 15493-A E Hampden Ave, Aurora
- Furry Friends at 3214 S Wadsworth Blvd #B, Lakewood
- All Four Paws Dog Grooming at 8510 Pearl St, Thornton
- Furzzaflyin Pet Salon at 3991 E 120th Ave, Thornton
- The Spoiled Dog at 7541 Lowell Blvd, Westminster
- Grooming by Jen at 5150 S Federal Blvd, Littleton
- Ark’s Pet Grooming at 1220 E Hampden Ave, Englewood
Little Brown Dog provides full-service grooming for dogs and cats.
Urban Dogg is a locally based pet supply and grooming boutique that sells high-quality cat and dog food as well as grooming.
Bathing and brushing, de-matting, nail clipping, and other treatments are available at Lucky Dog Grooming for cats and dogs.
Spawology Pet Grooming Spa, located in Lakewood, is a one-of-a-kind pet grooming facility that employs cutting-edge technology and materials to satisfy your pet’s needs.
Grooming services for dogs and cats are available at Aurora Pet Grooming by appointment or walk-in.
Gentle Loving Care offers complete dog grooming services in Aurora including nail trimming, ear cleaning, haircuts, blow drying, and anal gland expression.
Pet facial services, fur extensions, and hair coloring are available at Furzzaflyin in Thornton.
Ark’s offers dental care and comprehensive grooming services in Englewood.
Other businesses we have put in different lists that also do quality grooming include Chewy’s Bonetique, Petco, PetSmart, Paradise 4 Paws, and Woof in Boots.
Pet Cafes In Denver
One of the earliest cat cafés in the United States is Denver Cat Company at 3929 Tennyson Street. Adoptable cats from Denver Cat Rescue are featured, and both food and supplies are also for sale.
Hotels That Allow Pets
Anyone that is traveling and who needs a hotel that allows pets can try:
- The Curtis Hotel at 1405 Curtis St
- The Crawford Hotel at 1701 Wynkoop St
- Kimpton Hotel Monaco at 1717 Champa St
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Airport at 6801 Tower Rd
- Comfort Inn at 4380 Peoria St
- Best Western Plus Gateway Inn & Suites at 800 S Abilene St, Aurora
- The Sheraton at 360 Union Blvd, Lakewood
- Hilton Garden Inn at 14275 Lincoln St, Thornton
- Homewood Suites at 7630 Shaffer Pkwy, Littleton
Pet Boarding In Denver
These Denver pet boarding services should give them a good nights sleep:
- Bark at 425 Lincoln St
- Paradise 4 Paws at 24735 E 75th Ave #104
- U Lucky Dog Daycare at 4125 Fox St
- Woof in Boots at 719 W 8th Ave
- City Bark Lodo at 3150 Brighton Blvd
- Camp Bow Wow at 1620 S Abilene St #A, Aurora
- Mantayo Kennels & Dog School at 1220 S Wadsworth Blvd, Lakewood
- The Barking Lot at 5890 N Lamar St, Arvada
- My Pets Place at 13059 US-85, Littleton
- Barks On Broadway Doggie Daycare at 3986 S Brdwy, Englewood
Bark provides boarding, daycare, and spa services for dogs.
Cat and dog boarding, dog daycare, grooming, veterinary care, dog training, and other services are available at Paradise 4 Paws.
U Lucky Dog Daycare was voted Denver’s best doggie daycare and also provides boarding, bathing, and one-on-one dog walks.
Woof in Boots’ all-inclusive cat and dog grooming, dog day care, and pet boarding center near you offers them a secure, clean, and loving environment filled with exciting activities to keep them occupied throughout the day.
Doggie daycare, overnight lodging for dogs, self-wash tubs, pet supplies, a dog park and pool, and webcams to keep an eye on your furry companion are all available at City Bark Lodo.
Camp Bow Wow in Aurora provides daycare, socialization, and boarding options.
Extensive boarding, grooming, and training facilities are available at Mantayo Kennels and Dog School in Lakewood.
My Pets Place in Littleton also offers accommodation, expert training, and grooming services.
Other options for pet boarding in your area include Noble Beast Dog Training, Pavlov Dog Training, and Paradise 4 Paws that we have linked to in other lists.
Best Veterinarians Near You
You can give them the best medical care possible by going to one of the best veterinarians in your area:
- Broadview Animal Clinic at 10300 E Evans Ave
- Northfield Veterinary Hospital at 8733 Northfield Blvd
- Downtown Animal Care Center at 1041 Galapago St
- Fox Hollow Animal Hospital at 2950 Bear Creek Blvd
- Veterinary Emergency Group at 3845 E Colfax Ave
- Tower Road Animal Hospital at 3751 Tower Rd #D, Aurora
- Eastlake Veterinary Services at 12599 Colorado Blvd, Thornton
- Jefferson Animal Clinic at 5735 Independence St, Arvada
- Nelson Animal Hospital at 65 E Orchard Rd, Littleton
- All Cat Clinic at 3998 S Brdwy, Englewood
Contact Veterinary Emergency Group if you need 24 hour urgent medical care for sick or injured animals at 720-574-9834.
Broadview Animal Clinic offers dental care, exotic animal care, and other services.
Acupuncture, laser therapy, dentistry, and digital-dental radiography are among the services offered by Urban Vet Care.
Pet dentistry and pet euthanasia are available at Northfield Veterinary Hospital.
Dentistry, euthanasia, blood work, and other services are available at the Downtown Animal Care Center.
Eastlake Veterinary Services in Thornton offers wellness checks, immunizations, dental care, surgeries, diagnostic procedures, laser therapy, and acupuncture.
Jefferson Animal Clinic in Arvada provides medical care and treatments for cats, dogs, birds, and some reptiles.
Comprehensive veterinary services and behavioral counseling are available at Nelson Animal Hospital in Littleton.
All Cat Clinic delivers quality medical, diagnostic, surgical, and preventive health care in Englewood.
Pet Cremation & Euthanization
Life always comes to an end and when it does you can get your dog, cat, or other pet cremated at:
The Community Pet Hospital in Thornton offers services for euthanasia and cremation.
In-home pet euthanasia, in-home medical evaluations, TeleAdvice, in-home hospice care, and aftercare are all available via Caring Pathways.
Pet euthanasia is also available at Northfield Veterinary Hospital and Fox Hollow Animal Hospital. A few useful links to share include these with a list of current adoptable animals at the local shelters.
By the way we have also written about:
Have Fun With Your Pets In Denver
After thinking about all of those pet stores, animal shelters, adoptions, dog parks, puppy trainers, bakeries, groomers, cafes, hotels that allow pets, places to board your dogs or cats, and even veterinarian or cremation services in your area we hope you have a better understanding of the scene.
If you could let us know if you noticed anything incorrect or if you could share your own local pet tricks and tips it would really help our future readers out. Hopefully you have a great time visiting any Denver pet stores, shelters, dog parks, or whatever places you learned about on this page.