Everything we know about pets in Modesto and Stockton will be covered in full detail for you today. It doesn’t matter if you are a current owner or are trying to find a new special friend there should be plenty of information here to help plan your next move.
The opening section will be all about the best Modesto and Stockton pet stores. It is pretty fair to guess that since they are a good place to buy puppies, kittens, toys, food, and supplies they are probably what the majority of you are here for.
- 1 Best Pet Stores In Modesto & Stockton
- 2 Animal Shelters & Adoption
- 3 Dog Parks
- 4 Puppy Training
- 5 Dog Bakeries
- 6 Modesto & Stockton Pet Grooming
- 7 Pet Cafes
- 8 Hotels That Allow Pets
- 9 Pet Boarding In Modesto & Stockton
- 10 Best Veterinarians Near You
- 11 Pet Cremation & Euthanization
- 12 Have Fun With Your Pets In Modesto & Stockton
After that we will dive into animal shelters in your area for dog or cat adoption. With so much overpopulation these days adoption keeps sounding better and better.
Dog parks, puppy trainers, and dog bakeries will be the new few topics we cover. Then we will pivot to grooming and dog or cat cafes around the city. Hotels that allow pets to check in will also get their own section for anyone that is planning a trip here.
We will also fill you in on the best places for pet boarding near you if you are traveling out of town yourself. Everything will be closed up with some unfortunate topics like veterinarians and dog or cat cremation services.
Expect to also find a local pet map to help you figure out which places are closest to your current area to wrap it all up. You may also want to look through some of our other guides for more cities around the Pacific Northwest.
Best Pet Stores In Modesto & Stockton
Visit one of the best pet stores in Modesto and Stockton if you want to buy a new puppy, kitten, toys, food, or other supplies:
- Caldron’s Pets Choice at 3507 Tully Rd #80-85
- Modesto Feed at 5437 McHenry Ave
- Carter’s Pet Mart at 909 W March Ln, Stockton
- Petco at 5406 Pacific Ave, Stockton
- Farmers Feed & Pet Supply at 1302 E Miner Ave, Stockton
Caldron’s Pets Choice sells dogs, cats, reptiles, birds, and other small animals plus they have a wide variety of food, treats and supplies. As the name suggests Modesto Feed focuses more on the pet food side of the equation.
For a huge selection of all kinds of cat, dog, and other pet food like bulk bird feed and seed or even chicken feeds and all kinds of pet accessories check them out.
Carter’s Pet Mart offers a large assortment of food, treats, toys, and supplies for all your pet’s needs and even provides services like grooming, adoption, and affordable veterinary care in your area.
Animal Shelters & Adoption
If you would rather adopt a pet then buy a new one head to one of these local animal shelters:
- Stanislaus County Animal Shelter at 3647 Cornucopia Way
- Pupz N Palz Rescue at 1430 Carpenter Ln #B
- City of Stockton Animal Services at 1575 S Lincoln St, Stockton
- Delta Humane Society & SPCA at 4590 S Highway 99, Stockton
The Stanislaus Animal Shelter is part of the Animal Services Agency which was great work when it comes to controlling the stray animal population around Stanislaus County.
All of the puppies and dogs that are available for adoption at Pupz N Palz Rescue have been vaccinated, de-wormed, treated for fleas, spayed or neutered, and have already had a microchip implanted. Basically, they do all of the nuisance stuff new dog owners generally have to do themselves for you.
Not only that, but they will provide you with one month free pet insurance in case anything goes wrong initially, and provide a first free visit to a local veterinarian. All the kittens are fostered in homes and once they have gotten the same medical checkups they are put up for adoption at the local PetCo.
City of Stockton Animal Services Center improves the lives of animals by providing food, water, and care to prepare them for their new homes.
On a sunny day brighten theirs even more by heading to one of these dog parks near you:
- Elk Park/Modesto Dog Park
- Wesson Ranch Park
- Oakdale Dog Park
- Orchard Park
- Freedom Park
- Barkleyville Dog Park in Stockton
- Michael Faklis Dog Park in Stockton
- Weston Park Dog Area in Stockton
- Vinewood Dog Park in Stockton
- Manteca Dog Park in Stockton
- Beckman Dog Park in Stockton
These puppy trainers near you will have them following orders in no time:
- Big Basin Dog Training at 4554 Claribel Rd
- Sit Means Sit Dog Training at 1120 Doker Dr #2
Whether you want one on one training for your puppy or for them to join a group training lesson Big Basin Dog Training is a very good option. Plus they provide pet boarding services.
There is also a board and train option at Sit Means Sit Dog Training as well as private lessons, group lessons, or even in home puppy training. Top Notch Kennels from our next list also provides training.
We are not aware of any dog, cat, or pet bakeries in Modesto or Stockton at the moment. If you know of any please tell us in the comments at the end of the post so we can add that info to this page, thanks.
Modesto & Stockton Pet Grooming
A trip to the pet grooming salon should have them looking their best:
- Posh Paws Pet Salon at 1532 Lakewood Ave #8
- A Yuppy Puppy at 2020 Standford Ave
- Charlene’s Quality Pet Grooming at 1868 Country Club Blvd, Stockton
- Paw Prints Grooming and Spa at 2222 Grand Canal Blvd, Stockton
- Rain N Cats N Dogs at 1728 W Hammer Ln, Stockton
- Lisa’s Pet Grooming at 1869 Country Club Blvd, Stockton
- 209 Club Pet at 3464 Cherokee Rd, Stockton
- Canine Culture at 9751 CA-99, Stockton
- Alpha Grooming Pet Salon
All breeds ranging from small puppies to big dogs are welcome at Posh Paws Pet Grooming Salon. Another nice pet boutique is A Yuppy Puppy where you can get cat grooming, cat boarding, dog grooming, or buy trendy outfits, collars, leashes and more for your little friend.
Charlene’s specializes in bathing, haircut, nail trimming, ear cleaning, and hair removal for dogs of different breeds weighing less than 35 pounds. Quality pawdicures, deep massage bathing, blow drying, brush out, ear cleaning, anal gland expression, nail trimming, blueberry facials, and haircuts are some of the services offered at Paw Prints.
Lisa’s Pet Grooming allows your pets to socialize with other dogs and play during their visit. Grooming and boarding are available at 209 Club Pet.
Canine Culture is a full service salon providing quality bathing, nail clipping, ear cleaning, and haircuts for all dog breeds as well as overnight boarding. Alpha offers state of the art mobile grooming for you and your furry companion’s convenience.
Crows Landing Road Veterinary Clinic and Village Oak Veterinary Hospital also do pet grooming in your area.
We are not aware of any dog, cat, or pet cafes in Modesto or Stockton at the moment. If you know of any please tell us in the comments at the end of the post so we can add that info to this page, thanks.
Hotels That Allow Pets
For a hotel that allows pets consider:
- DoubleTree at 1150 9th St
- Best Western Palm Court Inn at 2001 W Orangeburg Ave
- Days Inn at 1312 McHenry Ave
- Holiday Inn Express at 5045 Kingsley Rd, Stockton
- Extended Stay America at 2844 W March Ln, Stockton
Pet Boarding In Modesto & Stockton
These pet boarding services in Modesto and Stockton are where to go when you need to leave town for a bit:
- Top Notch Kennels at 3302 Beckwith Ct
- Mary’s Pet Project
Some of the services provided at Top Notch Kennels include dog boarding, daycare, grooming and training from private lessons to group classes and even a daytime puppy play and socialization program.
Mary’s Pet Project will do pet sitting at your house, dog walking, pet transportation, and of course overnight boarding. All of the veterinarians near you do overnight pet boarding, and both of the dog trainers we just mentioned do dog boarding.
Best Veterinarians Near You
Get them the medical attention they need from one of the best veterinarians in town:
- Sylvan Veterinary Hospital at 3520 Roselle Ave
- Sisk Veterinary Hospital at 3900 Pelandale Ave #320
- Crows Landing Road Veterinary Clinic at 2109 Crows Landing Rd
- Standiford Veterinary Center at 1520 Standiford Ave
- Rosemarie Pet Hospital at 1409 Rosemarie Ln, Stockton
- Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Center at 1661 W Fremont St, Stockton
You can get all kinds of medical help like emergency veterinary care, microchipping, puppy and kitten care, and pet boarding at Sylvan Veterinary Hospital. For low cost veterinary services or another option for overnight boarding contact Sisk Veterinary Hospital.
Not only can you get veterinary services for a dog, cat, or other pet at Crows Landing Road Veterinary Clinic but they also do grooming and boarding. For 24 hour emergency care for sick or injured pets in Modesto call the Standiford Veterinary Center at 209-577-3481.
Rosemarie Pet Hospital can handle emergencies, surgeries, dental work, routine exams, and plenty more.
If you need 24 hour emergency veterinary care in Stockton you can call 209-467-8727 to contact the Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Center who also offers boarding and all of the standard pet health care you might need.
Pet Cremation & Euthanization
Village Oak Veterinary Hospital at 3924 Oakdale Road provides euthanasia services and can also do pet boarding and grooming in your area. For more information on how to license your dog in Stanislaus County click that link.
You can also look through the current available pets up for adoption at the Stanislaus County Animal Shelter. And if you have lost or found any dogs, cats, or other pets this link can hopefully provide some assistance.
You may also want to read some of our other guides for these towns in the area:
- Sacramento Animal Shelters & Pet Stores
- San Francisco Animal Shelters & Pet Stores
- Santa Rosa Animal Shelters & Pet Stores
- Reno & Lake Tahoe Animal Shelters & Pet Stores
Have Fun With Your Pets In Modesto & Stockton
We did our best to cover as much as we could. After reading about all of those local pet stores, animal shelters, adoptions, dog parks, puppy trainers, bakeries, groomers, cafes, hotels that allow pets, places to board your dogs or cats, and even veterinarian or cremation services we hope you have a better understanding of the scene.
Our readers would really appreciate it if you could let us know if you noticed anything incorrect, or if you could share your own local pet tricks and tips. Hopefully you have a great time visiting any Modesto and Stockton pet stores, shelters, dog parks, or whatever places you learned about on this page.